The eatForLife® Programme is not a fad diet or a quick fix solution to your weight problem. The emphasis is not on how fast you can lose the weight, but on how healthy, enjoyable and sustainable your weight loss journey is.
We, at eatForLife®, specialise in changing your lifestyle and eating habits for good, so you will not gain the weight again and look for yet another quick fix solution.
eatForLife® has been designed by and is administered by qualified dieticians, it is scientifically based and all of our franchisees are registered dieticians.
eatForLife® is a unique, easy to use, interactive eating programme, which promotes healthier eating for life. It is not based on a point system, nor do you have to weigh your food. The programme is based on balanced nutrition, an active lifestyle and a balanced approach to living.
The eatForLife® Programme is based on foods with a low glycaemic index.
A major emphasis of the programme is on weight loss through personal goal setting. Through the programme, you set your own personal goals, in consultation with our dieticians. They will create personal and customised eating plans to suit YOUR goals and needs, which could be anything from weight-loss to increased energy levels. Your progress towards these goals is then monitored under close supervision.
Medical benefits achieved by members on the programme are astounding. These include not only weight loss, but also decreased cholesterol levels, decreased insulin dependence for Diabetics, decreased blood pressure, improved self-esteem and many more.
All members are screened for any health risks, and referred to a Doctor/Specialist if necessary.
List of services:
• Your risk status will be assessed and meal plans will be devised accordingly
• Meal plans will be devised according to individual requirements
• Meal plans can be tailor made according to members taste preferences
• Meal plans cater for vegetarians, members who are lactose or wheat intolerant
• Type 2 Diabetics, members with high cholesterol or high blood pressure receive suitable meal plans for their medical conditions
• The programme is suitable for people wanting to lose weight, gain weight or maintain their weight, as well as for increased energy levels.
• Suitable goal weights will be worked out
• Your BMI will be calculated
• Your progress will be monitored
• You will receive weekly nutrition education relevant to your weight loss journey
• You will be taught how to make healthy food choices and stay motivated and focused on your journey
• The scientific basis of the programme ensures that you lose weight in a healthy, sustainable way while receiving the optimum benefit from your diet.
Above all, you will have fun, while LOSING WEIGHT!!!!!
Matthew Grossett — Group Chief Executive Officer
Matthew comes from a pedigreed sporting background. He was a provincial athlete for eight years, and held a provincial 400m hurdles record for three years. Since retiring from competitive track athletics, he has undertaken and completed a number of endurance events:
- over 100 half marathons
- over 15 standard marathons
- 11 ultra-marathons
- 2 Comrades marathons (rated the world’s toughest ultra-marathon)
In addition to the above, he finished in the top 50 of the toughest stage mountain biking event in the world, The ABSA Cape Epic, an 8 day, off road stage cycle race. While being an accomplished athlete in his own right, Matthew has a passion for nurturing new athletes. In the past 3 years alone, he has personally taken (coached and run with) over 50 people through their first half marathon.
His work outside athletics has been varied, and since completing his Master’s degree (with Distinction), he lectured at one of South Africa’s most renowned Universities for 4 years. He is the author of a number of legal articles and books. On leaving academia, he went on to become a director at FCB South Africa, one of South Africa’s largest advertising groups, which handled brands like Toyota, Adcock Ingram, Unilever and Barclays Bank.
Matthew is currently the Group CEO of a multi-national fitness and weight loss organization, Run/Walk For Life.
Michelle Orlando — Operations Director
Michelle has a BSc degree in Dietetics and a Diploma in Sports Nutrition. She has worked in the Diet and Fitness Industry for many years, including the UK for four years where she ran a very successful Diet and Fitness franchise.
She is passionate about helping people achieve a healthy lifestyle and believes this includes both nutrition and exercise. She is a keen runner and also has completed a number of endurance events, such as many half marathons, marathons, ultra-marathons and 5 Comrades marathons.
Antonette du Plessis — Dietician
Antonette Du Plessis studied a BSc at the UOVS (now called the University of the Free State) from 1994 - 1997. She has almost 20 years experience working as private practising dietician in Rustenburg.
She started working with eatForLife in 2013 and has added invaluable knowledge to the program over the last few years. Her passion, knowledge and experience make her a key member of the team.